Saturday, February 28, 2009

Coffee quote

The way I see it # 21
(off Friday's 2nd cup of coffee)

People need to see that,
far from being an obstacle,
the world's diversity
of languages, religions and
traditions is a great treasure,
affording us precious
opportunities to recognize
ourselves in others.

-Youssou N'Dour

Senegalese musician

N'Dour at the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival

So I was sitting at the health center at work, waiting for my immunization, when the words on my starbucks coffee cup caught my attention. The nurse came in to give me my shot and I made her read the quote. As we started talking about it, I happened to say the author's name out loud. All of a sudden the PA poked her head in the door and told us that N'Dour lived just down the street from her mother-in-law back in Senegal. WHAT A SMALL WORLD INDEED!!!

No comments: