Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A week of Goodbye's...

The last days have been busy with saying goodbye and spending last moments with friends here in DC. I am deeply blessed by the many amazing people in my life!!
From co-workers....

To college friends who've moved out here...
To grad school friends....
I have learned so much from each of them over the past four years. I hope to be back here in DC early Jan, once I'm finished with my semester teaching nursing students in Zambia, but only God knows exactly what I'll be up to five months from now!! Goodbye's are never easy but I have learned their importance - for good closure to one chapter of my life, and so I can more fully embrace the next chapter!!
I still have some packing to do before my flight tomorrow, so I won't describe all my experiences of the week, but just a couple...
Karen and I found a random spot in East Falls church to have lunch on Friday afternoon, after which we headed to the ice cream shop.... YUMMY MANGO SORBET
Anyway, we heard someone playing acoustic guitar, singing and another man playing the bongos in a little park next to this grocery store:
Apparently they have wine and beer tastings once a month....
So we just enjoyed eating our frozen desserts while listing to some great music.... FREE!!!
Sunday night we enjoyed the grills mastering of Scott R. What great hospitality.... this group were some of my first friends here in DC! Precious gifts each of them!!

Regina, Lisa, Kat and Ang

No comments: