Saturday, October 3, 2009

Village life...

I saw this lady carrying water on her head... couldn't resist the chance to take a photo (I did ask first!). It reminded me of the pen drawing that someone made for my parents years ago...
Being out in the villages on Wed/Thur last week, I used more than one toilet similar to the one above... walls around a hole. The first few times though brought back serious fears... I was reminded of the time in Sierra Leone when I accidentally lost my ONLY pair of glasses down a similar toilet hole. TRUST ME, I held on tight this time:):):)... by the end of day 2 I was a little more relaxed:).
This is one of the vista's from my favorite "mountain top" church. Sadly the photo's don't tell even a 1/4 of the story.... Sorry! You'll just have to come over and see it for yourself!!:)

1 comment:

riTa Koch said...

You are a great 'photographess' :)