Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Traveling North!!

Well, it's been a busy couple weeks finishing things up in Marion. It was great to have time with family and friends!! I was able to visit Kirsten on the way north and enjoyed spending time with both her little girls - Vienna (2 yrs) and Anthia (2 months). Here are Kirsten and I in front of her Christmas tree!!

I broke up my trip north by staying with Carla (she was our history prof in Zambia). It was great fun to meet her family and catch up a little on her life! We ate at a FABULOUS Thai place... it was hard to believe, but it had been nearly four months since I'd eaten those flavors! Delish!!:):) Thanks Ladies for a great weekend!!
So then I drove the rest of the way up to Wisconsin on Monday, and by evening when I got to my parents it was a GLORIOUS 6 degrees Fahrenheit!! That's a serious drop from the 120's not so very long ago!! Thankfully my blood is slowly getting thicker!!:)

I did have a couple interesting moments on the way - one of them involved a beautiful male pheasant posing in the middle of the interstate!! I had a truck next to me at the time so couldn't avoid hitting it. Feathers flew!! Thankfully my CRV seems to have come through unscathed! If it had been on a side road I'd probably at least have TRIED to go back and pick it up. :) Mom is good at cooking pheasant!! Welcome to WISCONSIN!! It IS good to be back with my parents! Great conversations and lots of hot tea!!

1 comment:

riTa Koch said...

Good pics of you and Kirsten!
Have fun with the folks! Greetings!