Monday, September 7, 2009

3 days to go...

Here's a few of the photo's I took a few weeks back while traveling in MN with Annette.




I've been in Indiana now for nearly two weeks working on Zambia prep. It's been a good time, but busy with trying to sort out many details and be as prepared as we can for the semester ahead. It's been fun too to have time to hang out with my brother and his wife, as well as a number of old friends here in the Marion area.
Being back in Marion at this time has made me realize how much I've changed and grown over the past seven years - since I moved away. My perspective on some topics has remained the same, but in a lot of areas my point of view is from a whole new angle, or has at least shifted
some. I guess that's called growing up??:)
As I've been contemplating my upcoming move back to the southern hemisphere I've been remembering watching the moon from Zimbabwe back in 1998. That was when I first learned about the "hare" in the moon, or the lady bent over carrying a load of sticks on her back. Last Thursday I was hanging out with friends who have just moved back from New Zealand. That evening the moon was especially bright. So Emily and I took a moment to twist our upper bodies more parallel to the ground so that the moon would look a little more like it does from the southern hemisphere. BEAUTIFUL!!
I'm looking forward to meeting the 16 students that will be in Zambia first thing tomorrow morning. We have two days of training before we head to the airport on Thursday. I appreciate your prayers for wisdom as there will be many decision to be made in the days and weeks ahead. Also for safety as we travel (one flight is around 16 hours - NON-STOP!!) and for a smooth adjustment to the new culture and environment!
I'm getting more and more excited... and know that God has an amazing adventure ahead!!

2 comments:

Tarah said...

I'm really jealous. I hope you will post lots of pictures and stories so I can live vicariously through them. Travel safe and enjoy. I will be praying.

Stephanie said...

Sooo exciting! Travel safe!