Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Morning at the market

Here's just a few pics from our walk through the market the other day. I had forgotten how intense the sun can be! I always find it so fascinating to see what kinds of vegetables are available and how people go about displaying and selling them! Lots of tomatoes, onions and cabbage. They had a variety of dried fish as well, the small ones with the heads still attached and some larger fish that had been gutted. Some of the other groups described walking through a part of the market where the were selling "fresh" fish, I will have to keep my eyes open for that place next time! (We'd split up so as to attract less attention). In some ways it's like the ulitmate department store ... you can find about anything, if you just know where to look!





2 comments:

Barbara Ihrke said...

Great pictures and great word descriptions -
God is good - All the time
Barbara

Kirsten said...

Reminds me of Cambodia a little. You are right--you could find about anything! =) (Oh, remember that my birthday is Dec. 30...hint!)