Saturday, September 19, 2009

Walking at Sunset

During the day here it's been getting up into the upper 90's... with out A/C that's taking a little bit of getting used to!!:) THANKFULLY, about 4:30pm it starts to cool down and with a fan the evenings are quite pleasant! I've even needed a sheet to keep me warm a few nights:). So, once it gets cooler a group of us have started going for walks on the dirt roads and paths near where we are staying. It feels great to get out and get some excercise before the mysquitos descend! Here's some pic's from our walk tonight.

Not sure if this is a wasp nest or an mini ant hill?? It's on the ground, with out obvious inhabitants and with similar things all over?? Any ideas anyone??

The whole area was pretty desolate except for the occasional bright red flowers, some up in this little tree and others at the bottom of this plant. "beauty in ashes"


I've really been enjoying getting to know all the girls in the group! Their kindness to each other, their great attitudes with all the unkowns and their openness to listening to God's voice in their lives is not only an encouragement, but challenges me as well!!

Keri, Haley, Estie, Megan, Lauren, Heather and Alyssa

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

What a great picture of the "girls"! =) Oh, and sign me up for more of your picturesque photo cards! I'm using up the ones you gave me...

riTa Koch said...

I love your blog!
Blessings!